Your journey starts here in historic York, WA’s first inland town, just 97kms from Perth.
Meander along Avon Terrace and encounter heritage buildings that encapsulate 19th century Victorian and Edwardian architecture including Sergeant’s Pharmacy, Castle Hotel, Settlers House, the Old Post Office and the York Town Hall, home to York’s Visitor Centre.
Discover York’s Residency Museum, the Courthouse Complex and York Motor Museum, just some of York’s many attractions. Dine at one of York’s cafés’ or historic hotels or take a picnic to Avon Park next to the river and suspension bridge, originally built by York’s convict colony.
York’s range of accommodation is as expansive as its history offering single rooms, family cottages, luxury packages and free RV parking at Avon Park.
Experience York’s many festivals, including the annual York Motorcycle Festival, The York Motor Show and YorKids winter festival. Immerse yourself in art and culture at the annual Art and Craft Awards, York’s Photographic Awards and The York Festival. Visit York’s markets in Peace Park on the second Saturday of every month.
During spring ask our Visitor Centre staff where the best locations are to see vast arrays of wildflowers or ask about one of York’s many walk trails.
A visit to York is not complete without visiting the Residency Museum. Here you can step back in time and explore the convict history, ceramics, Chinese garden and Noongar exhibits.
- Enjoy one of the many heritage walks around the town centre, or stroll through the little hamlet of Blandstown.
- Share a picnic on the West bank of the Avon River and venture across the York Swing Bridge.
- Experience one of our self-drive tours and view the magnificent bush land and natural heritage, with wildflowers appearing in winter and spring.
- Visit the Sandalwood Yards to learn more about York’s history and stroll back through York’s retail precinct where you will find interesting keepsakes and gift ideas.
- For the adventurous York is home to skydiving, but be sure to book ahead.